Love can be the most beautiful feeling. However, it may not be as beautiful when it comes to terms of endearment. We may be familiar with 'baby', 'sweetie' and 'cutie pie', but there are certain names that are strange, and weirder when they are used to address one’s lover. And this is a phenomenon across the globe. Don't believe us? Here is a list of names that will shock you when translated.
"My munchkin," he says. "My baby," she says. Now, these are some of the common names that lovers address each other with. But, as you travel across the globe, you'd be aghast when you hear some of the strangest names that pass off as terms of endearment. If you thought calling your beloved 'pumpkin' was weird, well you haven't seen the world yet then.
So, let's take a tour and travel across the globe to discover six bizarre names that lovers call each other. Beware, for some may not be just odd but disgusting as well.
1. French: mon chou/ma choue (mon shoo, ma shoo) - my cabbage
2. Hungarian: házisárkány (hazisharkanh) - house dragon
3. Hindi: chaand kaa tukda - piece of the moon
4. Polish: brzydalu (bzhidaloo) - ugly one
5. Brazilian Portuguese: chuchuzinho (choochoozinyo) - little chayote squash
6. Dutch: mijn poepie (mine poopy)- my fart
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated 29, Aug 2019, 5:50 PM