Bengaluru: While the whole of the United States is protesting against the death of African-American George Floyd, an autopsy report, as published by a popular website says that he had tested positive for COVID-19. 

The news is according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s autopsy report. 

Also Read: America apologies to India over desecration of Mahatma Gandhi statue

The 46-year-old had tested positive for the coronavirus on April 3 and was likely asymptomatic when he died. 

But it should be properly noted that the report adds that there is no indication that the virus played any role in his death.

The report, which runs into 20 pages says that the cause of death was cardiopulmonary arrest while he was being restrained by the police officer. 

According to the toxicology report, Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system when he died, as well as cannabis compounds and morphine.


Interestingly, a private autopsy conducted by doctors who had been sought help by Floyd’s family says that he died of asphyxia. 

Dr Michael Baden, who was among two doctors who conducted a private autopsy for Floyd's family last week, said county officials did not tell him that Floyd had tested positive for COVID-19.

Also Read: Inciting and instigating India over Floyd's death

“The funeral director wasn't told, and we weren't told, and now a lot of people are running around trying to get tested,” Baden said.

“If you do the autopsy and it's positive for the coronavirus, it's usual to tell everyone who is going to be in touch with the body. There would have been more care,” he said.
Protests have been going on in the United States for a long time now over the barbaric killing of Floyd.

Floyd was put to the ground by a White police officer named Derek Chauvin. A video in this regard went viral as Floyd repeatedly said he is unable to breathe.

Now, Derek and a few more police officers have been pulled up. Derek has been charged with third degree murder and manslaughter and is slated to appear in a court this week.