Bilaspur is among the 72 seats that will see polling in phase two on November 20 while 18 seats in Bastar and Rajnandangaon poll in phase one today (Monday)
New Delhi: As the first phase of the Chhattisgarh elections are underway, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a mega rally in Bilaspur where he launched a scathing attack on the Congress and said, “Congress politics begins and ends with dynasty, they don't know how to compete with the BJP”.
Here’s what the Prime Minister said in his address:
• Chhattisgarh is a reservoir of black gold and Bilaspur is providing energy across India
• “I have been told that people in large numbers are casting their votes in the Bastar region. I've faith that people will also vote in large no.s in the 2nd phase of elections. Voters should go by the mantra 'Phele matdaan phir jalpaan'"
• “The BJP has the confidence of people of Chhattisgarh, which is why we have got the opportunity to serve the state over and over again. I also congratulate BJP workers for their efforts”.
• Lashing out at the Opposition, the PM said, “Recently, Congress released its 36-point manifesto for Chhattisgarh. At the release of the manifesto, 'Naamdaar' was referred to as 'sir' 150 times. It means for them the importance of Chhattisgarh is lesser than 'Naamdaar'”.
• “Our opposition still doesn’t know how to fight the BJP. We are focused on development; we went beyond the caste divisions. You can witness development wherever you go in Chhattisgarh.”
• He also congratulated the Election Commission for its efforts in creating awareness among the voters.
• “Elections are like festival for a democracy. Everyone must practice their right to vote. I urge the people of Chhattisgarh to turn out in large numbers to vote,” PM Modi said.
• The Prime Minister said that politics on the grounds of caste, creed, and gender is unacceptable. It is necessary to focus on all-round development to take the country to newer heights of glory.
• Speaking on demonetisation, he said, “You are asking me about demonetisation. People are scared and frustrated because they all are exposed”.
• “Congress politics begins and ends with dynasty, they don't know how to compete with the BJP. Only the BJP can eradicate naxal menace in the state, Opposition can’t do it because they support them.”
• If the work we (the BJP) have done in four years would have been done at the pace at which the Congress used to work, then it would have taken 30 years to complete.
Last Updated 12:18 PM IST