Uddhav Thackery, the Maharashtra CM and the head of the Shiva Sena has kowtowed and bent over backwards to the demands of the coalition members NCP and Congress. Veer Savarkar, the one which the party adores so much has been humiliated by the Congress. But he has failed to stand up to the expectations of the party’s Hindutva ideology.
Bengaluru: The images that one conjures up when one thinks of Bal Thackeray, the founder of Shiva Sena are that of courage, bravery, fearlessness and chutzpah.
He never kowtowed to the demands of the pseudos and always spoke his heart out on the Hindutva ideology, even if it meant earning their wrath.
But cut to 2019. After Shiva Sena threw tantrums in the aftermath of the Maharashtra Assembly elections, dishonouring the prepoll alliance with the BJP, the saffron party was not able to form a government.
With the help of NCP and Congress, Uddhav Thackeray did a disaster as no doubt, they supported and still support him to run the Maharashtra government.
But this is only the beginning of the end for the Shiva Sena as it has sunk to newer lows.
Uddhav Thackeray has openly been bootlicking and appeasing the Congress and NCP and has demolished the very ideology (Hindutva) his party once stood for.
Consider these instances:
1. Rahul Gandhi, the former AICC president, openly informed a gathering that he is not “Rahul Savarkar to apologise” in relation to the “Rape in India” comment. Shiva Sena did express its disappointment, but nothing beyond that.
2. As regards the Citizenship Amendment Bill, the Shiva Sena voted in favour of it in the Lok Sabha, but abstained from voting in the Rajya Sabha. The Congress and NCP are not in favour of the CAA. This move only exposes the Shiva Sena’s hypocrisy.
3. Shiva Sena also compared the CAA protests in Jamia Millia to what had happened during the Jallianwala Bagh.
4. Then, in what came as the last nail in the coffin, Uddhav Thackeray even compared what had happened on JNU campus was similar to what had happened during the 26/11 terrorist attack in Mumbai.
5. Lastly, a Congress booklet alleged that Veer Savarkar had a physical relationship with Nathuram Godse, Mahatma Gandhiji’s assassin.
All these instances only go on to show that Uddhav Thackera’s lust for power has only made him compromise on what his father once stood for, Hindutva!
That leaves us to wonder: Can a lion birth a lamb? A sheepish Uddhav Thackeray should be the answer!
Last Updated 5:50 PM IST