Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1992 for his contribution – both as an educationist as a freedom fighter
New Delhi: November 11 marks the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India. This day is also observed as the National Education Day to commemorate the great leader.
Not only he served as a minister from 1947 to 1958, but he was also a freedom fighter who fought for the country’s independence.
Azad was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1992 for his contribution – both as an educationist as a freedom fighter
Here are some inspirational quotes from Azad:
1. “Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
2. “As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.”
3. “Slavery is worst even if it bears beautiful names.”
4. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
5. “Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.”
6. “Education imparted by heart can bring revolution in the society.”
7. “Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.”
8. “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
9. “Teaching by tongue can be perspired but by good deed can stay stronger.”
10. “Do we not realize that self respect comes with self reliance?”
Picture courtesy: Getty Images
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Nov 11, 2018, 12:51 PM IST