Shocking news has surfaced from Mumbai, where a 19-year-old man died after eating chicken shawarma from a roadside stall. The Trombay police have arrested two vendors from the roadside stall from where the man bought the shawarma. 

According to the officials, the departed individual, identified as Prathamesh Bhoske bought the shawarma from the stall on May 3. Bhoske experienced severe stomach pain along with vomiting on May 4 and visited a municipal hospital to get it checked. 

On May 5, his family took him to KEM hospital and the doctor treated him and sent him home, said the officials. 

Even after his second visit to the hospital, Bhoiske did not feel well and continued to experience stomach aches and vomiting. He went to the KEM hospital again and got examined by the doctors after which he was admitted to the hospital. 

The hospital also informed the police officials about the case which led to the registration of an FIR against the food sellers under Indian Penal Code sections 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 273 (sale of noxious food or drink), said the officials. 

Bhoske died on Monday, May 6, after which police arrested the two food vendors, Anand Kamble and Ahmed Sheikh, from the accused stall. According to the officials, the two suspects have been booked under several IPC sections, including the 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).

Also Read: Beware of FAKE paneer! Learn how to check its purity at home

Also Read: Zomato takes action after a girl dies from consuming cake ordered online