Visakhapatnam: Security forces hunt down 2 naxals, send stern warning to insurgents planning to disrupt elections

https://static.asianetnews.com/images/authors/bff11d14-81b3-52a9-a94b-86431321f9f4.jpg
First Published 16, Mar 2019, 11:40 AM IST
audio podcast
Visakhapatnam: Security forces hunt down naxals planning to disrupt election
Highlights

A CRPF jawan was injured in the gun battle with the naxals in the Pedabayalu mandal of Visakhapatnam . He was later shifted to the hospital and is receiving treatment for his wounds. 

Visakhapatnam: Security forces on Saturday gunned down two armed naxals in the Pedabayalu mandal of Visakhapatnam. Their identities are yet to be ascertained. 

The naxals were shot down during an encounter with troops of 198 Battalion CRPF and state police.

Unfortunately, a CRPF jawan was injured in the gun battle. He was later shifted to the hospital and is receiving treatment for his wounds. 

According to reports, superintendent of police Babujee Attada said that there were around 20 naxals at the time of the incident, which took place around midnight. 

As of now, the encounter has concluded.

“They are with plan to disturb the elections and moving in the sensitive pockets,” Attada said, as reported by the Times of India. 

Last month,  at least 10 naxals, who were getting trained in a camp in Bijapur area, were neutralised by security forces in Chhattisgarh.

Also read: 10 Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh in biggest anti-naxal operation of 2019 so far

According to sources, the Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Group (DRG) conducted the operation on February 7. 

The operation was the biggest of 2019 yet in terms of naxal casualties.
 

loader