A total of 10 bodies of naxals and 11 weapons have been recovered by the forces from the Bharamgarh area of Bijapur in Chhattisgarh. Additional personnel have been deployed in the area to counter any retaliatory attack by Maoists.
Bijapur/New Delhi: In a major operation, security forces in Chhattisgarh shot down at least 10 naxals who were getting trained in a camp in Bijapur area.
According to sources, the Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Group (DRG) conducted the operation.
The combing operation is still on. So far, a total of 10 bodies of naxals and 11 weapons have been recovered by the security forces.
“We received information that naxals were trying to build training camps in Sukma and Bijapur areas. On Wednesday, a major operation was planned by the forces targeting a training camp of naxals at the Bharamgarh area in Bijapur,” a senior DRG officer told MyNation.
Officials confirmed that this camp that has been destroyed was recently started. “Total 10 bodies and 11 weapons have been recovered by the forces and additional personnel have been deployed in the area to counter any attack,” the official said.
This operation is the biggest of 2019 yet in terms of naxal casualties.
Forces have intensified the operations. This had, last Saturday, triggered a controversy when three women died in crossfire during an encounter between the forces and naxals in the Sukma district. Locals claim that the women had no association with naxals.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Feb 7, 2019, 3:16 PM IST