Tamil Nadu: Elephant calf touches solar panel; electrocuted
28, May 2019, 8:14 PM IST
Tirunelveli: A one-year-old elephant that entered a mango orchard in Tamil Nadu’s Tirunelveli region, was electrocuted when it came in contact with a solar panel
The villagers said that the calf came in search of food and water. It ate mangoes and was heading towards the water tank in the orchard when it came in contact with the solar panel and died on the spot.
Villagers informed the forest officials who visited the spot and are conducting an investigation.