Mandya: Students consume pesticide-laden water from school water tank; 11 take ill
Jul 15, 2019, 6:24 PM IST
Mandya: Students of a government school in A Hulkere village took ill after consuming water from the school tank. It is suspected that a group of miscreants put pesticide in the water tank.
The unsuspecting students washed their tumblers using water from said tank before drinking milk. 11 students fell ill soon after.
The students were admitted to Kothathi Hospital and were later shifted to Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS). The headmaster of the school said that pesticide used to kill rats and protect crops from pests was mixed with the water.
Few students complained of smell in the water, but 11 students experienced stomach-ache and vomited. Five students were severely affected. All students are reportedly out of danger.
Mandya Rural Police has filed a case in this regard and are trying to nab the miscreants who mixed pesticide in the water.