Kerala high court dismisses Dileep's petition seeking CBI investigation into actor assault case
May 22, 2019, 5:56 PM IST
Kochi: Kerala high court dismissed the petition of Mollywood actor Dileep for seeking a CBI probe in the controversial actress attack case. The eighth accused Dileep argued in court that he will definitely be acquitted of all charges if the CBI investigates the case. His lawyer said that Dileep is not completely satisfied with the probe conducted by Kerala police.
Dileep reportedly told the court that the media has been haunting him. However, the court responded by saying that media attention in the case of Dileep is quite natural because he is a celebrity.
The high court had earlier dismissed the plea of Dileep for a CBI probe. Following this, the actor again approached the division bench of the court with a petition.
On February 17, 2017, a south Indian actor was abducted and assaulted by a group of men in a moving car.