Karnataka: Farmer electrocuted after stepping on live wire, HESCOM to compensate for loss
Mar 12, 2019, 10:51 AM IST
Gadag: A 65-year-old farmer Bharamappa from Karnataka's Gadag district lost his life after he accidentally stepped on a live wire which had fallen in his farm. The victim's relatives blamed Hubli Electricity Supply Company Limited (HESCOM) officials and alleged that authorities failed to repair an electric pole in the area despite several complaints raised by villagers.
According to reports, HESCOM officials agreed to provide suitable compensation for this mishap. Further reports are awaited.