Bakrid celebrations turn tragic in Andhra Pradesh; 3 children electrocuted
14, Aug 2019, 12:27 PM IST
Ongole (Andhra Pradesh): In a tragic incident, three children, who were celebrating Bakrid with friends on Wednesday (August 14), were electrocuted while they were playing with a flagpole which came in contact with live wires in Andhra Pradesh's Kopparam village . The deceased are Sheikh Pathan Gouse (11), Sheikh Hassan Bude (11) and Pathan Amar (11).
The children were playing with YSR Congress Party's iron flagpole when it came in contact with a high-tension wire. As one among them touched the pole, the other two, who tried to save their friend, were also electrocuted. A case has been registered with the Prakasam Police, and investigation is underway.