November 13 of every year has been dedicated for kindness as it can change lives, and be the harbinger of happiness. This World Kindness Day (November 13), let’s put a smile on as many faces as possible.
Bengaluru: It’s World Kindness Day and quotes such as “In a world where you can be anything, be kind?” are doing the rounds urging people to be kind.
The day is observed to encourage people to overlook petty thoughts and fights and treat everyone with kindness.
There are several ways to make people smile. Any deed that causes a nice warm feeling inside that helps you feel nice, too is recognised as Kindness. The power of kindness is such that the benefits are reaped by both the giver and the receiver.
In 2017-18, New Delhi is reported to have had huge flash mobs in celebration of World Kindness Day. It was part of a WorldWide FreezeMob or FlashMob in over 50 countries, where people performed to the same song and dance. The message was to remove negativity and spread peace and brotherhood.
There are several acts of kindness that we can put to practice, not just today, but everyday. Some of them are:
1) Give your parents, siblings and other loved ones a special hug to tell them what they mean to you
2) Buy a homeless person food
3) Hug your pet to show him how special he is
4) Send a motivational text to someone to uplift them
5) Share a compliment with a coworker
6) Reach out to someone who you haven’t heard from in a long time and ask if all is well
7) Hold open the door for someone
8) Leave a generous tip at an eatery
9) Donate your clothes, toys and other items
Last Updated 11:20 AM IST