Hardik Patel is all set to join the Congress party on March 12, ahead of the crucial Lok Sabha election and is expected to contest the polls from Jamnagar
New Delhi: Hardik Patel, the face of Patidar quota agitation, is all set to join the Congress party on March 12, ahead of the crucial Lok Sabha election. He is all set to contest the polls from Jamnagar.
Meanwhile, BJP seems to have six foolproof plan to defeat Patel.
Jamnagar is a place where important caste constituents are: Satvara, Patels, Ahir, Muslims, Dalits and Kshatriya.
1. The BJP recently inducted Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Jamnagar MLA, as minister of state. This decision can go in the favour of the BJP as Jadeja is an influential Kshatriya leader from Jamnagar.
2. Congress MLA from Jamnagar Rural Assembly constituency, Vallabh Dharviya resigned from the Party on Monday and is likely to join the BJP. Dharviya belongs to the Satvara community, which makes up a significant portion of the population.
Also read: Hardik Patel, aides gets two-year jail term in Visnagar rioting case
3. Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja’s wife Rivaba Jadeja also joined the BJP on March 3. This can give the party a Major boost.
4. On March 9, Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani \ expanded his cabinet by inducting three members, including former Congress lawmaker Jawahar Chavda, who was made a minister a day after he joined the BJP. Chavda can strengthen the party’s OBC outreach.
5. As for the Patel vote-bank, there are strong leaders of the caste, both Leuva and Kadva, in the BJP. The recent addition of Ashaben Patel adds heft to the club.
6. Finally, Hardik Patel had risen to prominence demanding a quota for the Patidars. The Modi government has pre-empted the plank by offering 10% reservation in educational institutions and employment to the general category candidates.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Mar 12, 2019, 11:06 AM IST