The Narendra Modi dispensation might have delivered one of the biggest clinchers for the 2019 general elections as the Cabinet on Monday cleared 10% reservation for economically weaker sections among the upper castes across all religions
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s regime has thrown a spanner in perhaps all hitherto debated and transacted political alliances for the 2019 general elections as the Cabinet cleared the upper caste reservation on Monday. The government is most likely to introduce the Constitution amendment bill on Tuesday.
The reservation can be availed of in educational institutions and would be applicable for government jobs also.
Are you eligible for the quota?
1. Yes, if you earn less than Rs 8 lakh annually
2. Yes, if your agricultural land holding is below five acres
3. Yes, if your house is smaller than 1,000 square feet
4. Yes, if your residential plot is below 200 yards in notified municipality
5. Yes, if your residential plot in a non-notified municipal area is below 200 yards
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Jan 7, 2019, 5:00 PM IST