Two electrocuted after accidentally stepping on live wire in Tamil Nadu
Dec 11, 2018, 12:14 PM IST
Pudukottai: On Monday morning, two people including a woman, were electrocuted in a paddy field in Araiyapatti village in Tamil Nadu’s Pudukottai district as they accidentally stepped on a snapped live wire which had fallen to the ground after the disaster caused by Cyclone Gaja. The deceased were identified as Suseela (45) and Sakthivel (25). Though it has been 25 days since the cyclonic storm hit the state, the state government has not taken required measures in some parts of Tamil Nadu, the locals said. The victims' kin have demanded Rs 10 lakh compensation and a government job to a member of the family.