60 students admitted in Ballari hospital after consuming midday meal
Dec 21, 2018, 6:54 PM IST
Ballari: At least 60 students fell sick and were admitted in hospital after they consumed midday meals at a government school in Ballari, Karnataka. The children ate lunch, but soon felt giddy and began vomiting. The incident occurred at a Government School at Alagur in Siruguppa. The students have been admitted to Karur Primary Health Centre. Some of them, who faced complications have been shifted to Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS). The parents of children admitted to hospitals have accused the education department of not taking any action against anyone regarding the same. A similar incident was reported in Bagalkot on Thursday, where 30 students fell sick after eating food contaminated with lizard poison. Currently, they are being treated in the hospital.