The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in a statement said that the exit facilities of Rajiv Chowk metro station on the yellow line of the Delhi Metro will be closed on December 31
New Delhi: Citing security reasons, authorities have suspended the exit facilities of the Rajiv Chowk metro station on the yellow line of the Delhi Metro for December 31.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in a statement said, "As advised by Delhi Police authorities, exit of passengers from the Rajiv Chowk metro station will not be permitted from 9 PM onwards on New Year's Eve, i.e., December 31. This is to enable the authorities to maintain peace, and law and order during New Year Eve's celebrations in New Delhi district area.”
New Year Eve Update— Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (@OfficialDMRC) December 30, 2018
On New Year's Eve tomorrow, exit from Rajiv Chowk Metro station will be blocked 9 pm onwards to ease overcrowding. Entry of passengers will be allowed.
Please plan your journey accordingly.
Here are 5 things commuters should keep in mind while travelling on Monday
1. This restriction will be imposed from 9 PM on Monday.
2. It will be applicable for all commuters.
3. Passengers will be allowed to enter the Rajiv Chowk metro station even after 9 PM to board trains.
4. The DMRC said that the interchange facility between HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli and Dwarka Sector 21 to NOIDA City Centre/Vaishali from the Rajiv Chowk metro station will run as it is.
5. All other metro lines and stations will continue to function normally without any change.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Dec 31, 2018, 3:08 PM IST