Social Welfare Women's Residential Degree College students fell ill due to food poisoning. They allegedly consumed iron tablets before eating food in the morning.
Nizamabad: Nearby 74 students fell sick after having dinner on Friday at Social Welfare Women's Residential Degree College (SWRDC) at Perkit of Armoor village in Nizamabad district, Telangana.
Students began suffering from loose motion and vomiting after consuming food in SWRDC on Friday night. As the students on Saturday morning complained of stomach ache and vomiting, the college principal called up the doctors from Armoor government hospital.
A team of doctors visited the college and treated the students. Doctors said the incident took place due to contamination of food and consumption of iron tablets before eating food in the morning. Out of the 74 students, 40 students were administered saline and 34 students were offered pills.
The college in Armoor was set up six years ago in a private building. At least 380 students are pursuing a degree course in the college.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated 4, Nov 2018, 3:10 PM