During his two-day visit to Singapore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold several multilateral and bilateral meetings with global leaders
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a two-day visit to Singapore where he will be attending 13th East Asia Summit (EAS).
PM Modi delivered the keynote speech at the Singapore Fintech Festival where he spoke about how inclusive development has changed the lives of all citizens.
Here is what the Prime Minister said in his address:
• “My government came to office in 2014 with a mission of inclusive development that would change the lives of every citizen, even the weakest in the remotest village. That mission needed a solid foundation of financial inclusion for all-a task that wasn't easy in a country of India's size,” he said.
• The character of the global economy is changing. Technology is defining competitiveness and power in the new world. And it is creating boundless opportunities to transform lives."
• Speaking about Aadhaar, the Prime Minister said, “Financial inclusion has become a reality for 1.3 billion Indians. We have generated more than 1.2 billion biometric identities - Aadhaar, in just a few years. Rapidly rising digital transactions in India powered by Rupay and BHIM. Today, 128 banks in India are connected to UPI. Transactions on UPI grew 1500 times in the last 24 months. Every month, the value of the transaction is growing by over 30%”.
• PM Modi said there is an explosion of financial technology innovation and enterprise in India. "It has turned India into a leading fintech and startup nation in the world. The future of fintech and Industry 4.0 is emerging in India," he said in his speech today. "I say this to all the fintech companies and startups – India is your best destination," he added.
• "Financial inclusion has become reality for 1.3 billion Indians. We have generated more than 1.2 billion biometric identities- Aadhaar or foundation- in just a few years”.
At the end of his speech, the PM launched APIX – an online global fintech marketplace reported ANI.
While he is in Singapore, PM Modi is also scheduled to hold a meeting with United States V-P, Mike Pence and Singapore premier Lee Hsein Loong.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Nov 14, 2018, 10:59 AM IST