Over 133 people, including a nationalist leader, were killed and more than 180 others injured on Friday 13 July in a suicide bombing and targeted attack on separate election rallies held in Pakistan. According to sources, it is said to be the deadliest assault on the candidates prior 25 July polls.

The District Police Officer, Mohammad Ayub Achakzai said that Raisani, the brother of former Chief Minister of Balochistan, Nawab Aslam Raisani, succumbed to wounds while he was being shifted to Quetta.

The sources said that the police officials mentioned the Islamic state terror group had claimed responsibility for the attack which lead to people's death.

Balochistan’s caretaker, health minister Faiz Kakar said that initially the death toll was not high, but many severely injured persons (including Siraj Raisani) passed away in hospitals later.

Since the brazen terror assault on an Army school in Peshawar in December 2014, in which about 150 people, mostly students, were killed, this assault is said to be the deadliest terror strike in Pakistan.

The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) officials confirmed that it was a suicide bombing and also said that around 17-20 kilogram of deadly explosives were used in the attack.

Nonetheless, following this deadly incident, an emergency was declared in the Quetta hospitals, by adding more medical staff. This attack came hours after a bomb hit a rally of Mutahida Majlis Amal (MMA) Akram Khan Durrani, an alliance of religious party, including Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) and Jamaat-e-Islami, in Bannu area of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

The police said five were killed and over 35 people were injured. In this attack, Durrani was unhurt. He also visited the wounded in a hospital in Bannu and mentioned that his vehicle was damaged in the attack.

Durrani, who is contesting in July 25 elections against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf chief Imran Khan, said that he would continue his campaign despite the threats. The twin attacks came to light as the former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam returned to the country to stand arrestted in a corruption case.

Despite claims by the government and security forces, law and order had suddenly deteriorated ahead of elections. President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk also condemned the attack in different statements.