Bhagwat spoke on a range of issues and outlined the organisation's views on the present scenario and future agenda
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat addressed the Vijayadashami gathering in Nagpur, Maharashtra on Thursday.
Bhagwat spoke on a range of issues and outlined the organisation's views on the present scenario and future agenda.
The Vijaya Dashami programme and the RSS chief's speech are among the most important events in the organisation's annual calendar.
Here’s what Bhagwat said in his speech:
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat, while addressing the Vijayadashami gathering in Nagpur, Maharashtra on Thursday, urged the Centre to bring a law for building Ram Mandir in Ayodhya
- Bhagwat also said that Ram Mandir is necessary for the nation’s self-esteem and it will pave the way for goodwill and unity
- Mahatma Gandhi, whose 150th birth anniversary is being celebrated, provided the political foundation of truth and non-violence to India’s independence movement
- A horrific, merciless campaign began long time ago in the shape of Babar's invasion. He spared neither Muslims nor the Hindus of the country and under his campaign the society of India was flattened
- Efforts are being initiated and accelerated to enhance the morale of our armed and security forces, making them well-equipped and to provide them with the latest technology. This is one of the reasons that India’s prestige is rising in the world
- It is necessary to be more attentive in enhancing the basic amenities of armed and security forces and their families. There have been some laudable efforts in this regard by the government
- Police forces are the first to take the call when it comes to internal security. National Police Commission (NPC) has also made recommendations for reforms in their systems. It is necessary to ponder over those recommendations that have been pending for several years and make efforts towards such reforms
- To establish an anti-national leadership with blind followers solely committed to them is the Neo-Left doctrine of Urban Naxals. Their cohorts already established in social media and mainstream media, intellectual circles and other institutions are associated with such activities
- Through manufacturing of a vicious atmosphere that weakens the social cohesion - essentially the bedrock of internal security of a nation -- a world of psychological warfare is being carved out. This is called as ‘Mantrayuddh’ in our traditional Rajneeti Shastras
- Border Security and internal security of the country are the issues of foremost consideration as they ensure space and opportunity to the nation for making efforts towards prosperity and development
- Bhagwat warned the anti-India forces saying that the country is strong to fight any such force. "If someone musters the courage to fight then there is destruction on both sides. So, in order to maintain peace, we have to be so strong that anyone doesn't even think of harming us”
- Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi and Union minister Nitin Gadkari were among the dignitaries present there.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Oct 18, 2018, 3:16 PM IST