The post of CEA had been lying vacant since Arvind Subramanian left the finance ministry after a four-year stint earlier this year
New Delhi: The government on Friday appointed ISB Hyderabad professor Krishnamurthy Subramanian as the Chief Economic Adviser for a period of three years.
The post of CEA had been lying vacant since Arvind Subramanian left the finance ministry after a four-year stint earlier this year.
"The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved for the appointment of Dr Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Associate Prof. and ED (CAF), ISB, Hyderabad, to the post of Chief Economic Adviser," said a government notification.
All you need to know about Krishnamurthy Subramanian
- Krishnamurthy holds a PhD from Chicago-Booth and is a top-ranking IIT-IIM alumnus.
- He is one of the world’s leading experts in banking, corporate governance and economic policy.
- He has served on the expert committees on Corporate Governance for the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and on Governance of Banks for The Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- He serves as a member of SEBI’s Standing Committees on Alternative Investment Policy, Primary Markets, Secondary Markets and Research.
- He serves on the boards of Bandhan Bank, the first bank to be licensed after independence in eastern India, the National Institute of Bank Management, and the RBI Academy.
Last Updated 7, Dec 2018, 4:16 PM IST