Cinemagoers managed to exit after smoke filled the theatre at around 10:15 PM on Sunday, shortly before the show was to end
A fire broke out at the Priya Cinema Hall in south Kolkata's Deshapriyo Park area during a late night show, fire brigade officials said today.
Four members of the theatre owner's family and a staff member were trapped on the roof and were evacuated safely by fire brigade personnel. There is no report of any casualty.
Cinemagoers managed to exit after smoke filled the theatre at around 10:15 pm yesterday, shortly before the show was to end, officials said.
West Bengal Fire Services Minister Sovan Chatterjee, who reached the spot after the incident, said all angles, including the possibility of the fire originating from a ground floor restaurant, would be investigated.
The fire was likely caused by a short circuit, sources said.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Aug 6, 2018, 11:29 AM IST