The Prime Minister will unveil the plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of AIIMS, Vijaypur and AIIMS, Awantipora. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved setting up of AIIMS at Vijaypur in Jammu and AIIMS at Awantipora in Pulwama, Kashmir.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Jammu, Srinagar and Leh on Sunday. He will lay foundation stones for various development projects there. He will also inspect Dal Lake in Srinagar.
The Prime Minister will unveil the plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of AIIMS, Vijaypur and AIIMS, Awantipora. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Modi had approved setting up of AIIMS at Vijaypur in Jammu and AIIMS at Awantipora in Pulwama, Kashmir. Setting up of new AIIMS would transform the health care facilities, health education and training in the region.
PM will also lay the foundation stone for the construction of Northern Regional Centre Campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication at Jammu through the unveiling of the plaque.
The University of Ladakh will be launched by the Prime Minister. It will be the first ever university in Ladakh region, established under the University of Ladakh Act 2018. It will be a cluster university comprising of degree colleges of Leh, Kargil, Nubra, Zanskar, Drass and Khaltsi. The university will have administrative offices at Leh and Kargil.
PM will also digitally launch various projects under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA).
Inaugurations galore by PM Modi
The Prime Minister is scheduled to dedicate a whole lot of projects to the nation. His itinerary includes
- Laying of the foundation stone of 54 new Model Degree Colleges, 11 Professional Colleges and 1 Women’s University in the country.
- Inaugurating 16 Model Degree Colleges, 66 Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Career Hubs in the country.
- Laying the foundation stone of three Model Degree Colleges in Jammu and kashmir: at Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla.
- Laying the foundation stone of an entrepreneurship, innovation and career hub at the University of Jammu.
- Dedicating the University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kathua to the nation.
- Laying the foundation stone for construction of a transit accommodation for Kashmiri migrant employees in Kashmir valley through the unveiling of the plaque.
- Announcing 100% electrification of households in the State Of Jammu And Kashmir under SAUBHAGYA Scheme.
- Laying the foundation stone of 624 MW Kiru Hydroelectric project in Kishtwar, Jammu and Kashmir: a run-of-the-river project across River Chenab and once completed, the project will generate 2272 Million Units of electricity annually.
- Inaugurating the 9 MW Dah Hydroelectric project. Located in Dah near village Datang, this project is another run-of-the-river scheme, by Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Limited.
- Dedicating to the nation the 220 kV Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system (the foundation stone of this prestigious project was laid by him too in August 2014)
- Dedicating to the nation the 400 kV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission line. The project has augmented the grid connectivity in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Laying the foundation stone of 1640 m span double lane bridge over River Chenab at Sajwal. The project will provide an alternative route for the population of Sajwal and Indri Pattian. With the completion of this bridge, the distance between Sajwal and Indri Pattian shall be reduced to 5 km from 47 km.
- Laying the foundation of the project aimed at reducing pollution of Rivers Devika and Tawi under the National River Conservation Plan (NRCP). Upon completion, the project will have a significant and direct beneficial impact in terms of reduction of pollution load in the two rivers and improvement in their water quality.
- Laying the foundation stone of the new terminal building of Kushok Bakula Rimpochee (KBR) Airport in Leh by unveiling the plaque. The new terminal will be a modular, energy efficient and self-sustaining building of 18,985 sq m.
- Opening the new tourist and trekking routes in Ladakh. This will offer diverse tourist activities in Ladakh and will result in more tourist flow. It will also open better livelihood opportunities to many villages.
- Inaugurating facilities for the launch of rural BPO, Bandipora: This will enhance employment opportunities for the youth in Bandipora and neighbouring districts.
- Inaugurating the Multipurpose Indoor Sports Facility at Sephora, Ganderbal: The indoor sports facility will be an invaluable asset for the youth of the district Ganderbal, where they will get the chance to play indoor games.
- Interacting with students from the states of Assam, Gujarat, Haryana, Odisha, Maharashtra and Telangana in Srinagar,
- Interaction with the newly elected sarpanches. The Prime Minister had earlier visited Jammu, Srinagar and Leh on May 19, 2018, to lay the foundation stone for various infrastructure projects in the state.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Feb 2, 2019, 6:42 PM IST