The Google Interpreter mode can translate between 27 languages in real-time and is slated to work through Google Home speakers such as the Google Home Hub and Google Home Mini
New Delhi: Google, at the 2019 International CES in Las Vegas, has announced new features for the Google Assistant that will make it easier for the consumer to check-in for a flight, book hotels, have real-time conversations in multiple languages and more.
- It enables some of Google's smart home devices to work as a translator.
- “Just say 'Hey Google, be my French interpreter' to start 'Interpreter Mode' and get real-time spoken and (on Smart Displays) written translation to aid the conversation," Manuel Bronstein, Vice President of Product, Google Assistant, wrote in a blog post.
- The service would be rolled out over the next few weeks on Google Home devices and Smart Displays.
- The interpreter mode can translate between 27 languages in real-time and is slated to work through Google Home speakers such as the Google Home Hub and Google Home Mini.
Tie-up with Google Maps
Google’s virtual assistant will tie-up with Google Maps for better navigation. This will enable users to share their ETA with friends and family, play music, search for routes and add stops. This feature will make driving safer.
- Google Assistant will soon let people check-in to their flights, save and retrieve their boarding passes.
- Users can also book rooms with partners like Expedia and Travelclick.
Last Updated 5:50 PM IST