A friend of the Delhi air hostess Anissia Batra, who had allegedly committed suicide on 13 July, has revealed that she recieved a text message from the deceased. According to a friend of Anissia, the air hostess was considering to divorce her husband and was even looking for a new house.

Her friend who did not want to be named, expressed that she was the last person the deceased had texted. Anissia Batra (39), who worked with a German airline, allegedly committed suicide in south Delhi's Panchsheel Park on 13 July. Her parents claimed that her husband, Mayank Singhvi, used to abuse her physically and mentally. Mr Singhvi was arrested and is presently in judicial custody.

Mrs. Batra's friend revealed that she could not have killed herself as she wanted to walk out of her abusive marriage. "The day she died, Anissia's husband had called me around 1.30 pmand he spoke to me with an angry tone. I asked him about Anissia and he said she was with him and put the phone on speaker. I had advised them, 'If you are going to give your marriage a final shot, seek professional help because as friends we can only advise you'," she recalls.

However, by 3.56 pm, Anissia's friend had received a WhatsApp message that she had been locked up in a room and she was scared. After a while, the friend received another message from Anissia, telling her that she had just got her phone back and requested her to call the police. The friend replied stating that she could not reach any time soon as she was not in Delhi at that time. Ms Batra kept begging her for help and her friend said, 'You leave from there. Go to this friend's house'. The ordeal ended with a message from Anissia saying, 'He has driven me to this point. I cannot repair what has happened'. 

Ever since then, the woman has raised doubts about Ms Batra's death being a suicide, claiming that Anissia was too strong to take such a step, as she had apparently already decided to move out and take a divorce as well.  

She said Mayank and Anissia Batra were having problems in their marriage and had decided to give each other space. Mayank had already moved out of the house and had started staying at his parents' place. It had been just two to three days since he had moved, when this incident occurred. 

Anissia's friend said she had discovered Mr Singhvi's anger issues six months ago. She was a quiet person, but she had started talking about her marriage slowly. She had sent some pictures of her wound to a couple of her friends. The deceased was asking advice from her friends and would often say, "This is a marriage and I have to make it work because we have been brought up with this notion also."

Some of her friends would encourage her to make it work while others would tell her to move out. She was worried earlier, but in the last couple of months, she had made up her mind to move out of the relationship. The woman said Anissia was upset after knowing about Mr Singhvi's earlier marriage, but Anissia was not angry to the extent of taking such an extreme step, instead she tried to be an understanding person.