Security forces achieved major success in Jammu and Kashmir in 2018 as they eliminated top terrorist commanders including Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Naveed Jatt and also 260 others. Nine of the 12 top terrorist leaders were also killed in Kashmir
New Delhi: Army Day is celebrated every year on January 15 in commemoration of Field Marshal Kodandera M Cariappa's taking over as the commander-in-chief of the Indian Army in 1949.
Army Day marks a day to salute the valiant soldiers who sacrificed their lives to protect the nation and its people.
Security forces achieved major success in Jammu and Kashmir in 2018 as they eliminated top terrorist commanders including Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Naveed Jatt and also 260 others.
MyNation takes a look at some of the Indian Army’s achievements in Jammu and Kashmir
- Security forces gunned down one local terrorist after they managed to foil an attack on an Indian Amry’s 55 Rashtriya Rifles patrol party.
- Security forces hunted down a banker-turned-terrorist after hours of gunbattle.
- Security forces hunt down 6 terrorists, including Zakir Musa's deputy in Pulwama.
- A joint team of the Indian Army's RR, the CRPF and the Special Operations Group of Jammu and Kashmir Police killed two terrorists in an overnight operation.
- Security forces hunted down three Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists, including 14-year-old 'poster boy'.
- The Army hunted down three terrorists in Kashmir as untrained local youth proved easy meat for the Indian troops.
- India continued to crush terrorists in Kashmir as two top Hizbul Mujahedeen operatives were gunned down in November 2018.
- Top 9 terrorists, including Zakir Musa’s key aide, were eliminated by security forces in Operation All Out.
- Indian security forces wiped out six terrorists in the second biggest anti-terror operation of 2018.
- Indian Army avenged unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan by destroying enemy posts.
- Two Al-Badr terrorists killed by security forces in Kashmir.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Jan 15, 2019, 1:08 PM IST