The cause of the fire is still unknown. However, Mumbai Mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar said it was under investigation.
Mumbai: At least eight people, including a five-month-old baby girl, have been killed and 141 injured after a massive fire broke out in a government hospital in Mumbai on Monday.
Here are the main highlights:
1. After the fire broke out at the ESIC Kamgar Hospital at Marol in suburban Andheri, a total of 147 people have been rescued.
2. The victims were rushed to different hospitals for treatment.
3. An official from disaster management unit of BMC said, “Among the admitted, over 25 are critical while 26 have been discharged after primary treatment”.
4. Out of the 19 people who were taken to civic-run Cooper Hospital, two were declared dead upon arrival.
5. Three were declared dead out of 33 people who were shifted to Seven Hills Hospital.
6. Forty people were shifted to Holy Spirit Hospital, Andheri (East). One person was declared dead there.
7. The fire brigade was alerted about the blaze at around 4.03 pm. It took around three-and-a-half hours to douse the flame.
8. The cause of the fire is still unknown. However, Mumbai Mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar said it was under investigation.
9. Meanwhile, a fire official blamed the hospital for not ensuring a fire audit.
Last Updated 12:16 PM IST