The searches are being conducted as part of a tax evasion probe against two construction firms linked to the minister and others, officials said
New Delhi: The Income Tax Department (ITD) on Wednesday conducted raids on multiple premises linked to Delhi transport minister Kailash Gahlot in connection with an alleged tax evasion case.
Delhi: Income Tax Department conducts raid at the residence of Delhi Minister Kailash Gahlot in Vasant Kunj. pic.twitter.com/8zoqHjqS84— ANI (@ANI) October 10, 2018
At least 16 locations in and around the national capital are being raided by a team of about 30 ITD sleuths.
The searches are being conducted as part of a tax evasion probe against two construction firms linked to the minister and others, officials said.
Gahlot is the minister for transport, law, and revenue and is an Aam Admi Party (AAP) MLA from the Najafgarh Assembly Constituency.
Name and address of the assessees
• Kailash Gahlot
• Harish Gahlot
• Viresh Gahlot
• Hitesh Gahlot
• M/s Corporate International Financial Services Limited
• M/s Brisk Infrastructure and Developers P. Ltd
Main residential address
• B-1/1001, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
• B-5/4403, Block- B-5 & 6, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
• C-6/6172, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
• A-1/362, 2nd Floor, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
• C-50 Raghubir Enclave, Najafgarh
• H No 511, 1st Floor, Sector 14, Gurgaon
Main office premises
• B-1/1002, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
• D-6/6032/4, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
• D-6/6032/2, GF, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
• A Block, Prem Nursery, Gopal Nagar, Najafgarh
• 257A, New Palam Vihar, Sector 110, Gurgaon
• Tower B and C, Lumbini Terrace Homes, Sector 109, Gurgaon
• A-400, LGF, Defence Colony, Delhi
• 413, Vikasdeep Laxmi Nagar Distt Centre
• No 55, Shop No 207, Daryaganj
M/s Brisk Infrastructure and Developers P. Ltd is engaged in construction and real estate development. M/s Corporate International Financial Services Limited is stated to be a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC). A total of 16 premises have been covered in the NCR.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal took to Twitter and wrote, “Friendship with Nirav Modi, Vijay Mallya, and raids on us? Mr (Narendra) Modi, you also raided me, Manish (Sisodia), Satyendar (Jain). What happened to them? Did you find anything? Then, you ought to have apologised to people of Delhi before your next raids for harassing a government that they elected”.
नीरव मोदी, माल्या से दोस्ती और हम पर रेड?— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) October 10, 2018
मोदी जी, आपने मुझ पे, सत्येन्द्र पे और मनीष पे भी तो रेड करवाई थीं? उनका क्या हुआ? कुछ मिला? नहीं मिला? तो अगली रेड करने के पहले दिल्ली वालों से उनकी चुनी सरकार को निरंतर परेशान करने के लिए माफ़ी तो माँग लीजिए? https://t.co/GUGEb0dwL5
AAP has also called it a ‘political vendetta’ and tweeted, “While we are busy working for the common man, people, they (BJP) are getting raids conducted at houses of our ministers & leaders. People will respond in 2019”.
Political Vendetta Continues.....— AAP (@AamAadmiParty) October 10, 2018
हम जनता को सस्ती बिजली दे रहे,
मुफ्त पानी दे रहे,
अच्छी शिक्षा-स्वास्थ्य व्यवस्था दे रहे,
सरकारी सेवाएं घर-घर तक पहुंचा रहे
और वो CBI, ED से हमारे मंत्रियों-नेताओं के घर छापे पड़वा रहे !
जनता सब देख रही है, 2019 में सारा हिसाब एक साथ करेगी ! https://t.co/DO5SaP5OqQ
With agency inputs
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Oct 10, 2018, 12:06 PM IST