After Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray’s suggestion that bhumi puja at Ayodhya must be done through videoconferencing, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has issued a sharp criticism
Bengaluru: After Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray’s suggestion that bhumi puja at Ayodhya must be done through videoconferencing, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has issued a sharp criticism.
The VHP said, “The statement of Shri Uddhav Thackeray only shows his blind opposition and we do mourn such a fall of what was once a Hindutva party lead by the legendary Shri Bala Sahab Thackeray.”
Uddhav Thackeray’s statement on bhumi puja: “An e-Bhoomi Pujan can be done. The ground-breaking ceremony can be done through video conferencing. This is an event of joy and lakhs of people could attend it if we broadcast it via video conference. Will we allow the spread of the coronavirus?” he had said.
He had further added: “This is no ordinary temple. The ceremony is scheduled during the time when we are grappling with the coronavirus pandemic and religious gatherings have been banned. I can go to Ayodhya for the ceremony, but what about lakhs of Lord Ram devotees. Will you stop them? You can do e-Bhoomi Pujan through video-conference.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be taking part in the historic bhumi puja at Ayodhya on August 5, which also coincides with the first anniversary of the abrogation of articles 370 and 35A.
Late last year, the Supreme Court of India had decreed that the land belongs to Hindus and awarded it to them.
Ever since Uddhav Thackeray decided to join hands with Congress and NCP to form a government in Maharashtra after ditching BJP, the prepoll alliance partner, Uddhav Thackeray has rather been very subservient and servile.
Uddhav Thackeray has openly been bootlicking and appeasing the Congress and NCP and has demolished the very ideology (Hindutva) his party once stood for.
Consider these instances:
1. Rahul Gandhi, the former AICC president, openly informed a gathering that he is not “Rahul Savarkar to apologise” in relation to the “Rape in India” comment. Shiva Sena did express its disappointment, but nothing beyond that.
2. As regards the Citizenship Amendment Bill, the Shiva Sena voted in favour of it in the Lok Sabha, but abstained from voting in the Rajya Sabha. The Congress and NCP are not in favour of the CAA. This move only exposes the Shiva Sena’s hypocrisy.
3. Shiva Sena also compared the CAA protests in Jamia Millia to what had happened during the Jallianwala Bagh.
4. Then, in what came as the last nail in the coffin, Uddhav Thackeray even compared what had happened on JNU campus was similar to what had happened during the 26/11 terrorist attack in Mumbai.
5. Lastly, a Congress booklet alleged that Veer Savarkar had a physical relationship with Nathuram Godse, Mahatma Gandhiji’s assassin.
All these instances only go on to show that Uddhav Thackera’s lust for power has only made him compromise on what his father once stood for, Hindutva!
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated 27, Jul 2020, 5:32 PM