Here are five factors that point out that the 23-year-old engineering student from Raichur may not have committed suicide. Raichur girl's death has caused outrage on social media. One person has been arrested in the alleged rape and murder case
Raichur: The death of a 23-year-old engineering student in Raichur in Karnataka has shocked the nation. She was allegedly raped and murdered. Initially, it was thought she had committed suicide. The post-mortem report is awaited and it will throw light on what exactly happened.
Her body was found hanging from a tree, around five km away from the college where she was studying in. The victim had gone to the college to write exams on April 13 and her body was found hanging from a tree on April 16 with burn marks.
Her mother Rukmini Devi had filed a complaint with the Nethaji police station and had alleged the involvement of 25-year-old Sudarshan Yadav, who was allegedly the victim's boyfriend. Following the complaint, Sudarshan has been arrested and booked under IPC section 302 and 376.
A suicide note was found near the body and initially it was alleged that it is a suicide. But here are five reasons why the engineering student's death doesn't looks like suicide.
Here is the English translation of the alleged suicide note:
“Sorry mummy, daddy. I am responsible for my death. I am depressed and I feel lonely. I am tired with my life. I can't read. How much ever I read, I get low marks. I get results that I have failed. What to do? That's why this decision. Sorry, I am responsible for my death.”
1) The suicide note written in Kannada has bad, shaky handwriting. The handwriting is shaky in some places and seems as if it is forcefully written.
2) Variation in handwriting in the alleged death note: There are variations in the handwriting, with some letters large in size and some in smaller size.
3) Mistakes in basic sentence construction: Being an engineering student and Kannada being the victim's mother tongue it is unbelievable that there are mistakes in basic sentence construction.
4) College-mates' version: College-mates of the victim who are staging protest and demanding justice alleging that she was raped and killed have told that she was good at studies and did not have any problem in passing any subject. This is contradictory to what is written in the suicide note, because it mentions (in grammatically wrong Kannada) that she was in depression as she read but couldn't pass any exam.
5) Burn marks on body: The victim had burn marks and wounds on her body. It is not possible that a person has tried to commit suicide in many ways at once, trying to burn the body and hang self.
The reason for the death of the victim will be clear after the post-mortem report comes out. But because of these reasons, the engineering student's death does not look like a suicide.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Apr 20, 2019, 12:32 PM IST