MyNation brings a profile of the Lok Sabha elections phase 6
New Delhi: The nation is once again voting on Sunday. This is the sixth phase of the seven-phase exercise to cover a total of 900 million voters. The sixth phase will see the fate of several high profile names sealed in EVMs. MyNation brings a profile of this phase:
Also read: Lok Sabha elections phase 6 LIVE: 59 seats, including 7 in Delhi, go to poll
1. Total of 59 seats will go to polls across seven states — UP, MP, Bihar, Haryana, Jharkhand, Delhi and West Bengal.
2. Bypoll at 168 booths of West Tripura Lok Sabha seat that had gone to polls on April 11.
3. The total number of voters eligible to exercise their electoral right is 10,17,82,472.
4. Total number of booths that will see voting is 1,13,167.
5. Total number of men who are eligible to vote in this phase are 5,42,60,965.
6. Total number of women who could exercise their voting rights are 4,75,18,226.
7. Total number of candidates 979.
8. Four former chief ministers are in the fray in this phase — Samajwadi Party’s Akhilesh Yadav in UP; Congress’s Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Sheila Dixit and Digvijay Singh in Haryana, Delhi and MP, respectively.
9. Of the 979 candidates in fray, 22 are highly educated with PhD degrees.
10. But, then 10 are uneducated.
11. 189 candidates in 6th phase have criminal cases against them.
12. 146 candidates are accused of grave criminal charges.
13. Party-wise candidates: BJP has fielded 54; BSP 49; Congress 46, Shiv Sena 16; AAP 12; TMC 10; INLD 10; CPI 7; CPM 6.
14. Independents and others count for 757 candidates.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated May 12, 2019, 10:06 AM IST