According to the police, armed assailants intercepted a white Ritz car and fired more than a dozen rounds and killed a man. Parveen Gehlot, who was in the Ritz, died at the spot
New Delhi: People near Dwarka Mor metro station on Sunday afternoon thought they were watching the shooting of some action film until two people were shot down in broad daylight. What was really happening was a deadly gang war.
The fierce three-way gun battle between the two gangs and a police team took place at a busy road right below the metro station.
According to the police, armed assailants intercepted a white Ritz car and fired more than a dozen rounds and killed a man. Parveen Gehlot, who was in the Ritz, died at the spot. Soon a PCR, which was standing near the spot, got alerted by the gunshots and opened fire at the armed assailants, killing one. However, others fled the scene.
The deceased was identified as Vikas Dalal.
Both the deceased were criminals and had several cases of murders, extortion and robberies registered against them at various police stations in Delhi and Haryana.
Vikas Dalal was the most wanted criminal and has been on the run since he escaped from the custody of Haryana Police from a court in Faridabad in 2018.
Here’s a timeline of the event
1. A Maruti Swift Dzire intercepts a Maruti Ritz, being driven by gangster Praveen Gehlot
2. Two to three men from the Dzire, led by gangster Vikas Dalal, step out and start firing at the Ritz
3. A PCR van patrolling the stretch rushes to the spot
4. Shooters start firing at the PCR van; cops retaliate
5. Gehlot killed at the spot, one of the shooters, presumably Dalal, was gunned down by cops
6. Around 20 rounds fired and other shooters manage to get back in Dzire and flee
7. Cops take two injured criminals to hospital, they are declared dead on arrival
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated 20, May 2019, 2:26 PM