Here is a breakup of how the Janata curfew works, as envisaged by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Bengaluru: The Prime Minister urged citizens to follow what’s called “janata curfew” on March 22, from 7 am to 9 pm.
Here is how it works.
1. As said, it will start at 7 in the morning and end at 9 in the night.
2. All have to stay within the comfort of their homes.
3. But those who work in essential services (police, medical, firefighters) need not follow Janata curfew.
4. At 5 pm, all the citizens are requested by the prime minister to encourage the people working in essential services, in the times of coronavirus, by standing in their doorways and clapping and ringing their bells. In this regard, the PM said, “For last 2 months, millions are working day& night in hospitals & airports & those serving others by not taking care of themselves. On Mar22,at 5'o clock, we should stand on our doorways, balconies, in our windows & keep clapping hands & ringing the bells for 5 mins to salute & encourage them.”
5. PM Modi has requested the citizens to inform at least 10 people of the Janata Curfew. "If possible, please call at least 10 people every day and tell them about the 'Janta Curfew' as well as the measures to prevent," PM Narendra Modi said.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated 19, Mar 2020, 9:01 PM