Here’s a list of questions that the CBI put to the prime accused and former Union minister Chidambaram as he was arrested and taken to CBI headquarters.
Bengaluru: As former Union minister P Chidambaram was whisked away to the CBI headquarters on August 21, he was subjected to intense grilling. We present to you the questions that were posed to him.
1. Why didn't you appear before the investigating agency even after a notice was pasted at your residence on Tuesday evening?
2. Why were you trying to hide from the investigating agency?
3. Were you using any other mobile number?
4. Whom did you meet during that time since the Delhi high court rejected your anticipatory bail plea on Tuesday and your plea in Supreme Court was later deferred for Wednesday?
5. Do you know Indrani Mukerjea and Peter Mukerjea?
6. If yes, how do you know Indrani and her estranged husband and former media baron Peter Mukerjea?
7. Did your son Karti receive any kickbacks in exchange for allowing INX Media, a television company, to receive Rs 305 crore as foreign funds in 2007?
8. Did any journalist come to meet you along with Indrani or was there any role of any journalist in exchange of money anywhere?
9. Do the companies where the money was transferred to fall under your son's control?
Sources say that Chidambaram remained evasive during the entire period of questioning.
Last Updated 2:41 PM IST