Gupta was arrested following information furnished by Rajiv Saxena, middleman who turned government approver in the case. The UPA-time VVIP choppergate is unravelling fast. Earlier, lawyer Gautam Khaitan and UK-based middleman Christian Michel were deported and arrested in the case.
New Delhi: Sushen Mohan Gupta, the alleged AgustaWestland middleman, who was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on information provided by another middleman-turned approver Rajiv Saxena, has been remanded to four more days of custodial interrogation.
The decision came after ED told a special CBI court that Gupta was interfering with the probe.
The ED told the court that Saxena had given them “2 diaries, some loose sheets and other documents and a pen drive pertaining to Sushen Gupta”.
MyNation accessed the case documents produced by the ED in court and brings out what other seminal information Gupta could furnish in one of the biggest scams of the Congress-led UPA era.
1. The ED wants Gupta’s “confrontation with other key players linked to the case”, including Khaitan and Saxena.
2. Gupta was allegedly in “active connivance with Gautam Khaitan for the laundering of the proceeds of crime in the instant case.” The proceeds of the crime were “further transferred/laundered by the sad accused through various companies in different countries.”
3. The ED told the court that Gupta, during the interrogation, revealed the names of several of his associates, 11 of whom have been already questioned by the directorate. But, a deeper probe is necessary.
4. Despite “clinching evidence” against Gupta, the ED said he had remained “uncooperative and evasive”.
5. Gupta has been “hiding material facts in his personal knowledge, contrary to the evidence on record”.
6. The ED is still in the process of receiving details from banks to establish the entire money trail and quantify the actual proceeds of the crime.
The ED is trying to “unearth how the kickbacks were routed and laundered, the companies involved in facilitating the money laundering, the places where the said tainted money was placed, layered and integrated into the system”.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Mar 31, 2019, 4:04 PM IST