RampalJi Maharaj who is trending number 1 on Twitter is claimed to be one of the top spiritual leaders of India. Here are 11 facts about the saint.
New Delhi: All of a sudden tweets on Saint RampalJi Maharaj started pouring in, making him a top trend on Twitter. The tweets claim that he is the perfect God and that French foreteller Nostradamus had predicted that RampalJi will be India's greatest spiritual leader. But there are many contradictions to the rise of RampalJi Maharaj.
Here are eleven facts about Saint RampalJi.
1) Rampalji Maharaj then known as Rampal Singh was the son of farmer Nand Ram in Dhanana, a village in Sonepat that borders Rohtak district of Haryana.
2) Rampal completed his matriculation from Gohana High School in Sonepat in 1971-72.
3) Reports claim that he used to chant Hanuman Chalisa and read books on Hanuman. He is also said to have visited the Hanuman temple at Salahsar, Churu in Rajasthan, for 18 years in a row.
4) He got married to Naro Devi in the 1980s and has two sons and two daughters. The family lived in Barwala ashram.
5) Rampal Singh was working as junior engineer with the Haryana Irrigation Department.
6) He resigned from his job in 1996 and started delivering sermons.
7) Initially he drove around Sonepat and Rohtak in his motorcycle and gave sermons through a microphone attached to vehicle.
8) He also organised pilgrimage tours to Kashi and Triveni for 4,000 to 5,000 people. Reports claim that he charged exorbitantly for these trips and soon bought a jeep.
9) Rampal claimed himself as an incarnation of Kabir and Guru Nanak. According to his website, he is the messiah whose birth was predicted by Nostradamus, Lady Florence of New Jersey and astrologer Boriska Silvigar.
10) Soon, Rampal was criticising Arya Samaj and this led to a clash and death of a youth from Baghpur. Rampal was arrested in 2006 and spent 22 months in jail.
11) Today, he is one of the most important spiritual leaders of India and has a four-storeyed home with a swimming pool, and 25 well-maintained rooms, each with at least one air conditioner.
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated 4, Oct 2019, 6:18 PM