A message was sent out to the media last night by Nana's son Malhar, stating the press conference would not take place.
Nana Patekar was scheduled to hold a press conference in Mumbai on Monday to respond to Tanushree Dutta's sexual harassment allegations against him. The media had mobbed the actor upon his return to Mumbai from Jodhpur, and he said he would answer everyone soon.
However, the press conference was cancelled. His son, Malhar sent out a text message to journalists, which read, "Sorry to be messaging at this hour, just wanted to inform that there's no press conference tomorrow, please pass on the message to your colleagues in the media, will let you know about the further proceedings soon."
Nana was supposed to address the media along with Rakesh Sarang and choreographer Ganesh Acharya.
MyNation tried to contact Nana, but there was no response from the actor.
The 67-year-old actor's lawyer has sent a legal notice to Tanushree for allegedly making false accusations against him in an incident that dates back to 2008.
Tanushree has said that Nana had harassed her during the shooting of a film in 2008 and she had spoken about the incident but nothing happened and she was even thrown out of the film.
The actress has also filed a complaint with the Mumbai police against Nana, Ganesh and the director and producer of the film.
Nana, who was shooting for his upcoming film Housefull 4 in Jodhpur with actors Akshay Kumar, Kriti Sanon and others, returned to Mumbai on Saturday.
"Dus saal pehle bol chuka hoon, ab jo jhoot hai woh jhoot hai (I said this 10 years ago... a lie is a lie)," Patekar had said.
The ongoing controversy has sparked off a debate on the #MeToo movement. Since then, many women journalists have exposed senior men in the industry and even celebrities like Kailash Kher, Chetan Bhagat and Rajat Kapoor have been accused of improper behaviour.
(Inputs from PTI)
Read Exclusive COVID-19 Coronavirus News updates, at MyNation.
Last Updated Oct 8, 2018, 4:03 PM IST