20 years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: 7 facts you didn’t know about KKHH
Oct 16, 2018, 5:24 PM IST
One among the most iconic films of the B-town that is still watched by Bollywood buffs, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai sums up 20 years on Tuesday. Here are some little known interesting things about the film.
1. Twinkle Khanna was Karan Johar's first choice to play Tina, even character was named after her (Twinkle's nickname is Tina). However, after the actor rejected the role, it went to Rani.
2. Karan planned Saif Ali Khan as Aman Mehra and subsequently, it came to Salman Khan.
3. The little girl Anjali, was played by Sana Saeed, as she wasn’t using glycerine for the scenes that required crying. So, Karan Johar used to be intentionally mean to her to make her cry
4. The iconic Polo Sports t-shirt Shah Rukh Khan wore in the song 'Koi Mil Gaya' cost £75, and Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra the designer argued over for 3 hours before eventually picking it up.
5. Jugal Hansraj suggested the epic title of the film and he is the one who made the tune for Tum Paas Aaye in the shower and gave it to Karan.
6. Karan Johar planned the movie with Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol as the Rahul and Anjali. Both of them had promised to be a part of Karan's first film back even he was the assistant director on Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.