Kochi: A major fire broke out at former India cricketer S Sreesanth's house in Kochi, Kerala. Sreesanth's wife and children were present at the house but no one was reportedly injured in the incident.

According to reports, a neighbour noticed smoke emanating out of the house and alerted fire officials. Fire emergency personnel from Thrikkakkara and Gandhi Nagar rushed to the house located in Edappally area and doused the inferno.

Also read:  IPL spot-fixing-accused Sreesanth's quantum of punishment to be fixed by BCCI ombudsman

The fire broke out in the drawing-room on the ground floor when his wife and children were on the first floor. It is believed that a short circuit in a ceiling fan caused the fire.

The family has been moved out of the house and is awaiting the arrival of Sreesanth.

Sreesanth’s suspension nearing its end

Earlier this week, Sreesanth’s life ban was reduced to seven years when BCCI ombudsman Justice (retd) DK Jain decided to end his suspension on September 12, 2020.

In 2013, Delhi Police arrested three Rajasthan Royals players, Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan on allegations of spot-fixing in IPL.