Tigress Choti Tara's cub electrocuted in Maharashtra
Dec 9, 2018, 3:34 PM IST
Tadoba: A two-and-half-year-old sub-adult male tiger cub of famed Choti Tara was electrocuted in Bhamdeli village near Tadoba Tiger Sanctuary in Maharashtra on Saturday night. According to reports, the tiger had come out of the sanctuary area into the buffer zone to establish its territory and got stuck in a water canal. While escaping from the water canal, the tiger came in contact with a live wire in a farm, resulting in its death. A farm owner had installed electric fencing. On Sunday, the forest officials shifted the corpse of the tiger from the spot.