Watch: Thick smoke billowing out of Noida hospital, fire tenders trying to douse flame
Feb 7, 2019, 4:27 PM IST
Four fire tenders were rushed to douse the fire that broke out in Metro Hospitals and Heart Institute in Sector 12, Noida on Thursday.
Several patients and their families got trapped inside the building. Video footage that surfaced online showed people standing on ledges and balconies as rescuers tried to reach them.
An estimated 30-35 patients were rescued. There was no report of any casualty.
The hospital authorities told MyNation that they are suspecting a short circuit on the second floor as the cause of the accidental fire.